Archive for the ‘Hangouts In Region VIII’ Category
Eco-tourism is becoming more prompting Southern Leyte to open up its frontiers. Southern Leyte is just perfect place for those who seek extraordinary exploration. Discovering awe-inspiring caves, majestic water falls and volcano crater lakes, whale shark and bat watching are among the best that Southern Leyte could offer.
- Cambaro Caves (Cambaro Macrohon) – Jaw-dropping and unique speleothems, roc formations, cave corals and many more, Explore the more than 100 caves where most of them are world-class in nature.
- Uwan-uwanan Gorge (Kawayan, Libagon) – This is one of a kind. A combination of waterfalls, pools, rock formations, jurassic passages, Considered a world-class adventure by outdoor enthusiasts.
- Lake Danao (San Juan/Anahawan) Nestled at the top of Mt. Cabali-an, this crater lake creates a very soothing electrifying ambiance reflecting the peaceful sky above and the tranquil underwater world below.
- Bosong-bosong Valley Spring (Mapgap, Tomas Oppus) Situated secretly in a valley, this newly developed grove is surrounded with fertile follage coupled with relaxing scenery. Its cool and tempting waters gives out visitors a refreshing experience distant from frenzied activities of a city life. A two-hour trek takes you to Tinugpahan Falls.
- Cagnituan Cave and Falls (Cagnituan, Maasin City) One of the most visited spots in the province because of its fresh and crisp subterranean river leading to its enchanting cave rich with amazing stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- Twin Island (San Pedro and San Pablo, Hinunangan) The white sand beach and healthy blow of relaxing breeze make the awesome Twin islands hard to ignore
- Malitbog Sinulog Festival (Malitbog) Like the Sinulog celebrated throughout in the country, it is a street dancing contest honoring the Feast of the Holy Child held every January. The winner is a constant finalist in the Sinulog Mardi Gras in Cebu.
What To Do
In Southern Leyte, you don’t need to ask what to do. The question that you should ask is “which one to do first?”
- Eco-adventure – Rediscover Southern Leyte’s pristine beauty. A wide array of activities can make your day remaskable unusual – from a simple trek to a more adventurous mountain climbing, world-class caving and gorge climbing, river trekking and more…
- Dive Southern Leyte – Southern Leyte’s dive sites are among the best there is.
- Rejuvenate – Our white sand beaches connect you to world of relaxation. You would just forget all those worries and annoying concerns.
- Pilgrimage – Journey back to the history of our faith from the First Mass to the different Holy Shrines that reminds us of our religious beginning.